Thursday, August 19, 2010

Comment on Darrell's blog

Dear blog readers, I have commented on Darrell's blog ( http://causticpotashhh.blogspot.com/ ) on his post about the biography of a famous war poet - Wilfred Owen.

Below is my comment for his post:

I feel that Wilfred Owen is indeed one of the most powerful war poets. Although he is born in an upper class family, he is still able to convey and express his lament for war. I like this characteristic of his as I do feel that war is nothing more than a bloody battle that harms many sacrificial lambs sent by the government. My favourite poem written by Wilfred Owen would be Exposure.

I feel that in Exposure, Wilfred Owen has successfully portrayed the soldiers to be traumatized by war. They no longer carry any hope for a better future after witnessing and battling in the battle field. In exposure, Wilfred Owen has also used a lot of imagery. This successfully draws images of poor and pitiful soldiers. Exposure is also one of Owen's signature poems. Thus, I really enjoy the work of Wilfred Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment