Thursday, August 12, 2010

Flooding in Orchard Road

As you all know, there was a flooding at Orchard Road a few weeks ago. Today, I am going to talk about what  happened.

Around a month ago, there was a huge rain at the Bukit Timah area which was followed by a flooding. Buses stopped operating and many were stranded there. There were floods at many places, such as Orchard Road and even our very own Hwa Chong.

However, I read on the newspaper that some of the electronic shops were also victims of the flood. Electronics such as iPhones, cameras and video cameras floated on the water. They reported that some people even went to dive into the water just to get those appliances for free.

This act intrigued me. I can't believe that people in our society will do such a thing as it is rather unethical and embarrassing. Furthermore, after those electric appliances have been in contact with the water, they might not work at all. Thus, I was utterly shocked when I learnt that there were such acts by some people.

As for those people who were stranded there, I sympathize with them. I feel really sorry for them and I saw that many had to be stranded there for at least an hour on the news. They must have missed some things on their schedule.

Thank you for reading my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment